Monday, July 4, 2011

Glucose Tolerance

June 21, 2011, a Tuesday...

My first blood work test was scheduled this morning at the hospital. I didn't know what to expect but I took my laptop and husband along with me just in case.

We arrived around 10 am and managed to find the lab. The girl that checked us in was pretty annoying. She didn't know how to do anything when it came to the paperwork. Matthew kept giving me those "and she's a nurse???" kind of looks. Once another nurse surfaced the explained how this test works...


Glucose Tolerance Test

A week ahead of time, I was instructed to eat atleast 300 grams of carbrohydrates each day for 3 days prior to the test. The evening before the test, I was to fast for 10 hours.

Once at the lab, they took some blood and then I had to drink a small bottle of this orange sugar water. Now for me, this was tough. That was so disgusting! Matthew says it took me atleast 10 minutes to get it down. What was hard was that I wasn't going to be able to drink water afterwards either. It tasted like melted down jelly ranchers. I was afraid I would throw up however, I managed just fine.

I was told that I had to stay at the hospital but I could roam around for the next 2 hours. We found the lobby with tables and set up my computer to serf the web while we waited. Around noon we reported back to the lab and they took my blood once again.

That was it. Now we just had to wait to heaf from the PCOS Treatment study to see if I qualified.



(For more information on PCOS Diagnosis, PCOS Treatment, PCOS Diet, PCOS Studies, PCOS Support, etc. visit My PCOS Treatment - http://www.my-pcos-treatment.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment